May 16, 2018
Dear Entering Class of 2018!
We are so excited that you've all chosen to spend your next four years here at Pritzker on the South Side of Chicago (WOOWOOO!!). As Orientation Co-Chairs, weare here to help welcome you into the culturehere at Pritzker. But, we also want to make sure you're prepared for the events we have planned this year for Orientation (and you thought the fun ended with Revisit..).
This year, orientation begins Thursday, August 2, 2018 in the morning and will conclude on Monday, August 6, 2018 with classes starting the following day. This is the first of three mailings designed to smooth your transition into medical school as we address any questions or concerns you may have. They will include information on things like housing, classes, life at Pritzker, and immunizations.
As you will see starting with this mailing, our class is SUPER (DUPER) excited tomeet all of you and welcome you into our community. We encourage you to take the time to go through each mailing as there will besome required tasks of you all. You can also find the mailing materials on the orientation website:
https://pritzker.uchicago.edu/page/mailings. While the mailings will have something for you to do, they should not be stressful. So please reach out to us if you have any concerns or need clarity on any tasks at our shared email:
Here is an overview of what you will find in this mailing:
- A welcome letter from our WhiteCoat Ceremony Co-Chairs
- A white coat sizing chart
- Information about our four Pritzker societies and a greeting from our MS21 Pritzker Orientation Society Leaders all of whom would love to answer your questions about medical school, housing, and much more!
- Information about the Big sib / Little sib mentoring program
- A housing flyer with helpful online resources and alink to the MS21 roommate finder Google document
- A fun summer reading list from the Pritzker Book Club - for your enjoyment and not required!
- Chicago's summer festival guide (in case you are in town early and looking for somefun activities!)
- A list of hotel accommodations for family and friends for orientation weekend
- Information about student disability services
- Immunization requirements
Some important dates to keep in mind:
June 7 - Due date for white coat invitation addresses and sizes
- July 1 - Due date for immunization forms
We look forward to seeing all of you at Orientation on August 2nd! And please (please) feel free to reach out to us at any time if you have any questions or if you just want to comment on how great we're doing. Also, if you're in the city let us know!
Your 2018 Orientation Co-Chairs,